The Educational Choice (EdChoice) Scholarship Program offers students in grades K – 12 the chance to attend a private school for little or no cost. Students from lower-rated (designated) public schools qualify for these scholarships.
The EdChoice Expansion Program is an income-based program. It offers private school scholarships to students whose families qualify financially. Please study the income requirements to see if you may be eligible.
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund, Inc. was established in 1999 to create a permanent source of tuition assistance for area families seeking a choice in education for their children.
Steps for Applying for the EdChoice Scholarship and EdChoice Expansion Programs:
- Determine if your child is currently attending a public school that is listed on the Designated School List for the 2020-2021 school year. If so, complete steps 4-6.
- If your child is not assigned to a designated school next year, you may still be eligible for the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship. (For students entering grades K-6 in the 2019-2020 school year.) Check the Income Requirements Document for more information. Complete steps 4-7.
- If your child is currently enrolled in a community school (a public charter school) and is assigned to a designated school next year, you may also be eligible for the EdChoice Scholarship. Complete steps 4-6.
- Fill out the New Student Application Form
- Include a legal copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Include a utility bill that meets the qualifications for address verification
- Complete the income verification form (For EdChoice Expansion Scholarship applicants only).
Steps for Reapplying for the EdChoice Scholarship and EdChoice Expansion Programs:
- Complete the EdChoice Scholarship Renewal Paperwork (It is the same document for both EdChoice and EdChoice Expansion Scholarships. You only need to fill out the income portion and send in the income verification paperwork if you are reapplying for the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship. )
- Include a utility bill that meets the qualifications for
- Complete and submit the Income Verification Form
How to Apply for the Northwest Ohio Scholarship: (If ineligible for the EdChoice Scholarship Programs)